Frances studied at Central St Martins London and obtained a BA Hons Degree in Fine Art.
She has a love of the natural world and finds inspiration for her work from the forces of nature. As an artist, using nature as her vehicle, she seeks to connect with her audience evoking memory and emotion. For Frances, nature in its full glory expresses so many emotions.
Working in oils, mixed media and watercolour, she layers her work using a limited palette. Using tone and texture, she likes to create strong, powerful images that depict nature at its most sublime. The notion of elemental landscapes that are abstract in their very subject matter, earth, fire and water, give her the materials and freedom to explore.
Frances is renowned for her strong sense and understanding of colour. Her paintings range from raging volcanoes using clashing colours to create a dynamism; to more tranquil scenes of Scottish lochs and mountains or the soft rolling hills of the North Downs which are on her doorstep, where by layering her paints she creates subtle harmonies.
Frances's works are widely exhibited in galleries around the UK. She frequently undertakes commissions and her work can be found in private and commercial collections.
Frances also teaches watercolour. She covers a wide range of subjects from landscapes to flowers. Further details of the classes can be found under the heading Teaching.
- Appart 5th – 20th October
- Fountain Gallery, solo exhibition “raw nature” October 15th – 27th
- Fountain Gallery, Inspirations 2 27th March 8th April
- The White Gallery, Dorking, Surrey, 26th – 28th April
- Appart 6th – 21st October
- Landmark Exhibition 26th – 28th October
- Group exhibition Vivartis, King Edward School Whitley: 25th September – 16th October
- Palace Art Fair 2011 October 7th – 9th
- Solo exhibition, Unleashed, Fountain Gallery Hampton Court 23rd November 5th December
- Palace Art Fair. 8th 10th October
- Group exhibition, Vivartis, King Edward School Whitley 27th September – 18th October
- Group exhibition, Real/Unreal, The Architect’s gallery Teddington 26th November – 28th March
- Solo exhibition, Fish Gallery, Croydon, Surrey 20th April – 3rd May
- Group exhibition, Denbies Vineyard Dorking July
- Group exhibition, Vivartis King Edward School Whitley: 21st September – 12th October
- The Islington Art & Design Fair, 2nd – 7th October
- Group exhibition, Red Biddy Gallery Shallford. Surrey.
- Group exhibition, Vivartis Autumn Arts Festival, King Edward School, Witley, Godalming. Surrey.
- Central St Martins London. Degree show.
- Group Exhibition Great Art Fair, Alexandra Palace.
- Vivartis Autumn Arts Festival, King Edward School, Witley, Godalming Surrey.
- Open Studios
BA Hons Degree, Fine Art, Central St. Martins London.
HND in Fine Art